The following standards shall apply:
A. Cross Reference.
1. Vision Clearance Standards. All landscape materials shall be located to avoid interference with visibility per JCC 20.50.910 VC-01 – Vision clearance standards.
B. Project Applicability. Landscape materials consistent with the requirements of the Unified Development Code shall be required when an improvement location permit for a new primary structure is obtained. However, in A1 and A2 zoning districts these standards shall only apply to new residential primary structures.
1. Right-of-Way. Woody trees and shrubs shall not be planted in rights-of-way without permission from the County Commissioners for rights-of-way. A tree canopy may project over a right-of-way or easement.
2. Infrastructure. Trees shall be located to avoid significant interference with overhead or underground utilities.
D. Tree Credits. The preservation of an existing healthy tree shall constitute an in-kind credit toward meeting the landscape requirements in the Unified Development Code. A credit shall be granted per tree that contributes to or fulfills any landscaping standard.
E. Minimum Tree Size.
1. Deciduous Trees. All required deciduous trees shall be at least one and three-quarter (1¾) inch DBH at the time of planting.
2. Evergreen Trees. All required evergreen trees shall be at least five (5) feet in height at the time of planting.